That's the name.
The webcomic I've come up with is called Guillan Seed.
It has literally been months of thinking and drawing and writing and writing and drawing (I love typing now, by the way).
Tons of research is going into this little project, and it all started from that character sketch I did a while back. There's now a(n):
- Entire world developed around her
- Great cast of main and supporting characters (but you wouldn't know yet, heh)
- Arc by arc plot from beginning to end
I think that's about it for now. I was planning on this being a miniseries, but me and my overactive mind are always coming up with reasonable excuses to extend the story
. What I really want is for it to feel like a two-cour anime series, like Gurren Lagann or Black Lagoon. So it would be just a little over 30 chapters of material, each around 20 pages or so, like a real comic. But y'know...web-based.
I want to use the concept art I come up with as portfolio pieces to get into the college of my dreams for free: SCAD. Also making a webcomic is a great way to get yourself known and seen by others. It's also a great way to meet other artists and webcomickers. But I'm so antisocial I really don't know how to do that yet, but I'll get there.
That's all I can say for now, but here's the plan so far:
- Write now, I'm almost done still writing the concept bible, which holds all the relevant and not-so relevant information on the series' world.
- I did a large plot outline for where the characters go and how they develop throughout the story.
- I'm almost done writing the first chapter of the story, and have already started developing concepts for the setting.
- I've designed only 4 characters (DAMMIT!) And they're all females for some odd reason. The next one will be a guy I swear!
So for now...
I'll be doing a mini comic to get my comicking chops up. There's a lot I got to teach myself before I start on the real thing (like frikkin' perspective and coloring!!!), but these little things will either be random (like Dinner Time) or marked as GS: Preliminaries, which introduces many facets of the world the characters in habit and some of the main characters themselves.
I'm posting up #2 today. Enjoy!
GS#1: GS Preliminaries #1: Nope.
GS#2: GS Prelims #2: Golem